26 January 2007

Crazy!

Sometimes I have to think if my head weren't screwed on, that I'd forget it were there and leave it behind. Bless my friend for sending me a note saying another spot I'd set up for blogging was dead and dieing. "Set up one at this site instead." Lo and behold, imagine my surprise that I had one already LOL And that I'd not written on it but twice and that was last year. Gotta love it!

I am crazily packing or unpacking boxes in preparation for our move back to the states. I've already filled (most of the 2nd one) 2 huge moving boxes with PAPER RECYCLABLES alone. That doesn't include the other recycles stuff that has gone directly to the recycle can. I've got to go to the recycle center on post next week to drop those two boxes off and start the fun over again. I spent so much time in that room the one day this week that it nearly paid off, literally, and it felt like Christmas! I found $10 in a birthday card of one of my children from when they turned THREE YEARS OLD. Then I found a HUGE stash of overdyed threads that I have NO CLUE what project they're supposed to go with. At least I know I have some if I should want to do some serious stitching and can't get my order to Deb's in time to start it NOW. :D I've come to decision that I have WAY too much junk in my house. But I "need" it LOL Maybe having that one show come in and do my house would be good. "Clean Sweep" I think it is. My friend (above mentioned) always talks about it. I think tomorrow I'll drag out the Christmas stuff and start parting with it. We move this summer and were close to our weight limit COMING. I still need to buy a schrank and that's just a little bit heavy!

The boys are going to go skiing one more time before we go, at least. President's weekend we are off to Edelweiss again for a long weekend. I couldn't believe they weren't filled for the long weekend, but hey! I TRY to not look gift horses in the mouth most of the time. I won't be on the skis this time. NO need to find my way to the ER AGAIN this trip. I'll sit in the hotel and enjoy a beer or take a tour of Linderhof on Sunday before we leave. It would have been nice to be over in Garmisch this week because they were hit hard with snow. We had our own fill, which I will comment upon another day.

A funny from Matthew this past week...Ok, not a funny, but sometimes he just says something to amaze me. This week we walked to the backerei and metzgerei Tuesday night. On our way home, he talks about the parade coming. :) Matthew seems ready to celebrate Fasching! It's coming soon... can't wait to see the parade this year.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Susan,
you can do it girlfriend! Purging is hard, it's the sitting down and going through the memories that makes it tough. So just keep pushing yourself and you can get through those boxes!
Set youself a day once a week to go though boxes and don't forget those piles...toss keep and donate. Make sure that the keep pile is the smallest one and you'll be set!
Ps- glad to see you ahving an ACTIVE blog! Keep up the good work! wink wink!

Sandie said...

Susan,
First off let me tell you how proud I am of your purging! It's hard at first but trust me it gets easier. I love clean sweep, it's what really got me motivated to get through the clutter and clear the junk!

And finaly...an active blog. And you used to get on me about having a blog, LOL!