27 January 2007

Digging Thru

The boys and I at Christmas in Edelweiss Lodge and Resort, Garmisch, Germany. This is where we will spend President's Day Weekend... minus the Christmas decorations I imagine! :D

Still digging thru the junk! I swear when David is around, he finds more stuff to put in "my room" ... isn't he just great in SHARING? We might be under weight after all!

David is doing his financial thing again today. "How much do we really use?" "Do we really need this?" He wants as much junk as I do and doesn't question his stuff. I should have known money would rear an ugly head again after being comfortable for so long. (by our standards LOL) I'm going thru my stuff thinking "how long have I had this and NOT used it" and pitching it. I can always go buy more when I get back to the states, but we need to downsize and spend less. We have a $500+ car payment starting March 1. Maybe he should have thought about this stuff BEFORE having me order a new Saab. We'll be ok... it's just a long weekend (he took Friday off and the boys were off yesterday) and it's too cold out to go do something outside, so instead we turn on one another. I love winter.


Our Saab... 95 sports combi... ordered in mid-November... told it would be here by January 15... notice me not going on and on about new European car... it's still on a boat! They SAY 10 days. I Won't hold my breath. I've become disillusioned with this experience. I need to have David double check on the fact of 30 days stateside count toward the 6 months we needed to have it to avoid taxes going home. Personally I think the salesman owes us when it comes time to go back and we find they will screw us - 10 more days puts us past the two weeks give or take he said when we ordered the car. This all reminds me I need to have David call USAA to get the insurance set up on the new car so we can go register it next week and when we FINALLY get the car from the Canadians, we can just take it and run. It's been paid for with a loan and part of our own money.

I'll have more to share today I'm sure... it's another day in paradise around here. I'll pass! :D

No comments: