04 May 2007

Another Day in Paradise




Actually I get to go out tonight! Sarah and her hubby and David and I are going to go to one of the little restaurants in their village of Rettingheim. :) It's literally from my house to theirs, about 2 miles! If the big hill wasn't in between, I'd consider walking over so we could stumble home from wine drinking! Sarah and I had mommy time yesterday. I brought hanchen (chicken) and dessert in exchange for my VERY DEAD ends being chopped off. Not really a big cut but enough to make my hair not so fried looking. :)

The throwing out of junk is still ongoing. It's looking like 3 more months and we'll be gone. Still no orders, nothing in stone. With gas costs, I'm thinking we ship the car to ND and just fly into Minot and then drive home to Ohio, ONCE, to visit and go to my 20th HS reunion.

Speaking of the reunion... where did the last 20 years go? Time crawled, painfully slowly, when we were kids! Now, I'm sitting here on 4 May 2007 and can't figure out where the last 4 months went. They're gone! And I'm still far from being ready to move. All this time wasted.

Today, Matthew and I met up for a playdate after preschool at the Kids' Zone at the bowling alley on post. Was nice to get to know Ryan's mom much better. Much like the neighbors the other night, I seriously wish we'd met sooner or gotten together sooner! Kori's oldest son is going to West Point next year and she sounds excited for him :) That's awesome! Two of our Heidelberg kids are going to West Point next fall.

David seriously says last night "It's going to snow in Germany next week." Ever just want to swift kick him? :D I'm sure he means like in the Alps, or like last year JUNE FIRST, in the Black Forest. Sad thing is I'd like snow, say two months ago, and it sure as heck won't stick if it does snow. I don't think it's been cold here since December. :D I have a picture dated from FEBRURARY this year, and the daffodils were in bloom WAY BACK THEN! Imagine the tourism business in Amsterdam this spring... wonder how badly it's off when the tulips were likely done blooming in February. :X
Children... I wish I had grandchildren first! Mine don't know but one volume, pissed off mommy level because they use the whiny pain in the hiney child level. I love them! They're really good kids, but man... the two still do not get along. Oldest just teases baby and baby screams at the older antagonist who just won't learn "DO NOT TOUCH, LEAVE ALONE, STOP TALKING"!!!!
I'm off to clean some more out. Found some stuff I forgot about. :X Say it ain't so! One day I'll have it together and we'll be retired and no where to move!

No comments: