03 May 2007


Oh yesterday looked to end on a bad note but when I got home a little after 9, my neighbors were walking around the corner. :) They stopped and were talking to me for a little while. They built a new home and moved in last summer. They speak super English and have always been warm to my family. Anyways, I asked the woman about knocking on their door, and she says "Oh please, do! We can have coffee." Well, but for next week, when she goes to BORNEO for work. LOL She's a travel agent. But when she returns, she said she'd ring or knock on the door to let us know she's home and that David and I could come over for coffee. I'm quite excited! I love their house. It's bright and open and has a CLOSET!!!!!!!!!!!! No! Normally, German homes do without that luxury, thus the invention of the schrank. Theirs is a full sized huge walk in. :) And their kitchen is huge, not a cracker box like so many I've seen in our two years here. Counters! Huge Frig! Lots of storage! Soooooooooooooo not German! (mind you from what "I" have seen, or not seen LOL) So that perked up my night. :)


At the PC party I went to last night, my friend was there who does hair. I had to ask about going over today to get mine chopped at the ends, at least that much. She said SURE! So after Matthew is on the bus to school, I'm going to go over to her house for a couple hours of adult conversation and a new do! It's the little things that excite us so. :D So, should I go boldly where I haven't before and chop it all off? Or just go for the ends and go on being a little bit BORING? Yeah, probably the boring.


Last Saturday we did some siteseeing. We drove up to Ramstein on the iPod mission, without success there, Vogelweh or Mannheim's PX. AAFES sucks if you don't know that already or have any experience with them. Employees there to collect a check and be of little help as possible. Anyways............. BURG NANSTEIN sits on the hill above Landstuhl and looks out over the valley where you can see the flightline at Ramstein. It's BEAUTIFUL up there! Green green green! (God bless an early EARLY spring and not much rain in weeks) The boys had fun walking around the grounds and climbing various stairs, and even a wall. This castle can be seen lit up at night as well. Still more castles to see! Lots to do. Maybe Saturday we'll drive up to Koln and check it out. They have some music festival going on this year that happens every 3 years. (per David) I haven't been to the Cathedral there yet so it'd be nice to get up there and to Aachen. The picture today is of the boys at Burg Nanstein.
Well, I'm off to battle dustbunnies and piles of crap. We hope to have orders shortly as I want to ship the van June 1 or so. And we hope to fly stateside August 1 or so. We shall see. Patience is something I missed out on! :)

No comments: