24 July 2008

Learning To Ride A Bike

Well, just a couple days after our USAF family's loss, my husband climbed back into the plane.

Was I nervous? TERRIBLY! Was it all going to be ok? Yes.

In short, Tuesday night, I didn't go to sleep. I woke up hubby at 130 to get ready to go in. He went in and was to take off in the wee hours. I sat on my porch for an hour, watching the lightning storm all around us, waiting on the plane to take off. It pops into my view and it was beautiful. I knew they had gotten underway.

Things in life can often be thought of as learning to ride a bike. You fall off the bike, only to get back on, quickly preferably, and try try again. Training in the military is often like that too. To ensure our freedoms, they must be ready at a moment's notice. An our hearts all still are broken about the crash in Guam, but to honor those we lost and continue to be mission ready, the rest of our airmen must go on. Hard to let DH go out the door, but he has to do what he must. :*)

Continue holding the families in prayers. We are missing a group of fine aviators and doctor. May they have comfort at this time.

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Our prayers go out to those families.