01 August 2008

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Countdown started.... we're T-27 days to the first day of school and the return to my freedom. This assumes I don't find a job between now and then first.

I'm half-heartedly looking for an office job on base and figured out it's IMPOSSIBLE unless you have an "in." Don't know how to get the "in" but I'm trying. I did get email stating my name was being sent to the "employing agency." Well, they emailed a few days later to see if Iwas still interested. Well, that was last Tuesday. It's now 10 days later, email and voice mail later, I have NOT heard from the office again. I'm trying to not bug them to death, but at least tell me you're not interested in my talents to work in your office. Don't be rude and blow me off. Seeing as the phone went to voice mail yesterday, and she's still not returned the call, I'm wondering if she's out of town. So, do I email her again tomorrow? Or just give up on this endeavour. I'm so mad. I was hoping to at least get an interview. Give me a shot! It's only a TEMPORARY job til September 30, so it's not like a "real" job. BUT, one to get me "in" the system.

Back to happy thoughts... I think the boys and i will do some school shopping this weekend or next week. Matthew needs some long pants and shirts. I think we've got short sleeves covered and could use some bigger fleece jackets. Winter is only 2 months away. You know... October... Halloween... costumes that fit over snowsuits. God bless the North Plains!

I'm off... more than you ever could imagine LOL But I need to drop someone a line about t-shirts for the school PTA to sell. I need to get those ordered like yesterday. Lovely.

Have a good night!

No comments: