23 May 2008

And another thing...

I discovered yesterday that this state truly does sit about the middle of nowhere AND this country....

I was talking about how it took about 24 hours to drive to my hometown in Ohio. The assistant has a family member in Oceanside CA, and from Bismarck it's a 24 hour drive. Which absolutely floored me... I figured CA was another day away. Then again, I'm not exactly sure where Oceanside is, so San Diego could still be another day away :)

But from my home in Ohio to DC is about 6 hours. Yep. Middle of nothing, middle of the country. Ohio had a theme, might still have it, of being "The heart of it all." At least it's beating still :)



Saw this map while seeing if I couldn't find some pictures of those land features north of Bismarck... found map, no pics yet. Hopefully I can find some.

No comments: