10 May 2008

New Chuckle


I'm spending more and more time at Matthew's school. This week was teacher appreciation so we had lunch for them each day.

Yesterday, the principal and I had quality time that didn't involve my child being in trouble... well, not exactly.

He asked if I'd heard the story of Matthew and the custodian. I said that I hadn't. I'm intrigued as I've just gotten to know the guy this week as well. LOL

Well, Matthew was in the hall with MrsG and MrT was out there as well. Matthew, plain as day, and as innocent as can be, says "Good morning MrT!!! How the hell are you?" Of course, MrT and MrsG have to stifle their laughter and tell Matthew how wrong it is to say such things.

Guess this explains the note earlier in the week that said "Matthew had a little trouble with language today." I just wonder where he got that phrase! I don't know that I've used that one exactly.

I can only imagine, as the principal pointed out, how many things one hears in a 20-30 year career that are gems. My note to you today is WRITE THEM DOWN!!!! You might compile enough for a book one day. And you certainly don't have to be a teacher or a parent to find these type gems in life :)

The picture is of Matthew yesterday at the bowling alley. They trekked down to the BA (as we affectionately call it) for a couple rousing games of bowling under the flourescent lighting. Good thing they did it early! It started raining yesterday afternoon. (and then it was snow by dark)

No comments: