25 May 2008

Support Your Local Economy

Well, sadly my trip to Winnipeg to see Neil Diamond in concert come September has been scratched. That old man must be in desperate need of cash, NOW. The tickets to go see him, at least in Winnipeg and Sioux City, IA, started around $115. HOW INSANE!

So, Minot hosts two big money makers, or at least, takers, each year. In July is the State Fair, and in October is the Hostfest. Both this year have some decent concerts coming in. I'm just too cheap to spend even $65 for Sugarland or Trace Adkins. So, where does this leave me?

Under $50 to see the old man of country... Kenny Rogers. Oh yeah! Well, actually, it's dependent on one thing... if the Hostfest people tell me I have to buy a daily admission ticket (last year $25 for the privilege to shop and eat, at YOUR expense - Thankfully I went on the military day so it was free and I ain't stupid!) to go to the concert. Which then brings the tickets up to about the $65-70 range, and I won't go on the principle of it. Why would I have to pay to get into a building only to see the concert? So hopefully, the ticket to the show is enough and I won't have to pay more to get into the show. I haven't seen KR since I was MAYBE a teenager.

Next thing I need to do in support of the community's economy is get a zoo pass. Since we can't afford too much travelling (thank you DC) this summer, most of our money will be spent around Minot. I figure we'll be at the zoo at least a couple times a month. Think they would bring in some new animals each month to keep our attention? :D

No comments: