10 May 2008

And You Wonder WHY I Don't Care For The Place?



Let's see.... this is my jeep last night... MAY NINTH. Can you see the snow flakes? I can. On the ground, in the air, ON THE FREAKING JEEP! Should I be happy to know that it SHOULD be in the 50s today and the 60s tomorrow? Well, most normal people would be, but the problem is that quick weather change means quick get sick time. I already have one child on antibiotics for a nasty sinus infection that started in another change of weather time. Lovely.


Ok... I'm still figuring out adding pics to this stupid thing. The second picture is of the manchild last night at his JROTC banquet. (OK... I've played with it again and figured it out! YAY ME!) He got three new ribbons for his uniform, 2 of which he didn't expect to get. The biggest surprise? When the MC described the award, I had written him off already... "For sustained superior performance in the cadet corps exemplified through outstanding leadership, AFJROTC participation, academic performance and service to the community, school and unit." I said, "That's not CG." And tuned out. Then I heard his name. I was so proud that he won! (I watched one of the other freshman win one after another after another in the fall, so I expected to see her shiny little (she's about 4' MAYBE) face up there :)) Imagine my surprise and pride in the manchild! He's struggling with other stuff but seems to enjoy this class. The award was given out by Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. I think he was most proud of that award. :)

Well, as this week finally grinds to a halt, maybe I can find my sanity again. Today is the postal service food drive. I should go to the food pantry sometime today and see how that is working out. They've got a couple of airmen working to put stuff in and up on the shelves if I remember my talk with one of the firsts earlier in the week, when I hadn't completely lost my mind. Tonight will be the first night I stay home and not go out since Monday. Oh heck. I just realized we were out Monday. BUT, it was with the boys. So maybe that's why CG remembers me being home that night LOL

Here's to the snow melting, quickly, soon... i see sunshine and I saw drips off my gutters. And I see steam out my window.... how strange... My luck would be the backyard on fire. Wouldn't that be fun!

Which leads me to another thing... The county we are surrounded by, Ward, is under a burn ban due to drought conditions. The base, all knowing, lifted its ban the other day. Someone related a story of someone driving on their street and flicking out a cigarette as they drove past. (her DH did his thing and person came back to pick up the butt) Why do some people living in a community like ours think they're so isolated??!!? Just lifting the "ban" on base doesn't mean we magically are immune to a grass fire breaking out because of some dumb broad's stupidity. Flick your butts in the car folks! I like my new house for the most part. And I don't know that the triplets could get funding for more housing again. I'd hope it were funding to close a place down that has snow on MAY NINTH!!!!!

No comments: