21 April 2008

Freaking Weather

Today is Monday, April 21, 2008... I think. Looking out my patio window, one would venture a different guess. Well, ONLY IF, you lived in NORMAL parts of the world. Yep... snow on the patio furniture. Lovely. And it's on the grass around the neighborhood as well in places.

It only got worse. Matthew needs to be at school by 830. We walk out to get in the car at 820 and I discover.... A THIN LAYER OF ICE! Yes. ICE. COATED ON MY VAN. Get my door open, start the car, try to open his door, and it pops, but doesn't slide. So now the van has the light on but I can't get the door shut. Soooooooooooooooo, off we walk to school today. It's like 20something. We get to the school like popsicles. Oh boy! Someone did offer me a ride home though. :) I was ever so grateful for that! I didn't have gloves, scarf or winter coat on. I sooooooooo love it here. I need to go out and see if I can get that door to budge yet. It might have "warmed" up. Fat chance! It's frozen tundra up here. We're in the midst of a drought. There were grassfires in town over the weekend. The town didn't burn down though. Sadly, there was at least one home lost.

Well, from the weather man guessing last night, we may still have more "snow" yet this week. Fun! FUN! FUN!

No comments: