13 April 2008

It's Another Sunday Morning...

And I ain't got nobody... oh ... wrong song. If there isn't a song about frozen wastelands, before we move from here, I WILL WRITE one. :) You can mark my words. Actually, I can't complain too much about life on the plains this weekend. Well, other than I'm in NoDak. Perhaps Jailhouse Rock is more appropro a song? LOL

We spent the ENTIRE day at home yesterday. You'd think we'd have gotten the house cleaned and organized. RIGHT! HA! I did get some stitching done on Matthew's teacher's gift for next month. I started a LITTLE late in the day on that to realistically get it done by May 22 I think. Who knows... I might get it done sooner than I expect but have to tell her "Where can I get it to you this summer AFTER I FRAME IT?!!?" Cleaned piles of dirty stinky teen boy clothes out of CGs room and his bed sheets. He returns today... I was HOPING to have had the room cleaned out but alas! It will only be a little less "mess." Matthew's room? Oh forget it! We did make an offer on a 2004 jeep rubicon. They didn't call back. Guess he's still laughing about it. And we found a couch and love seat to throw in the arctic room for now. The patio furniture that has been our table out here, need to go OUTSIDE. Can you imagine? It's supposed to be, read SUPPOSED, 70+ degrees tomorrow. :) Just need to fill the propane tank now so we can GRILL. The grill has sat out back for two weeks now.

That stitching piece you were wondering about? From Bobbie G Designs, "My Teacher." http://www.alwaysinstitches.com/detail.cfm?ID=18243 Very cute! And hits the alphabet like a kindy teacher should :) I have to figure out what to do about her name though because Mrs Smith (not her real name) doesn't fit into the space allowed, so it may be just Magilicuddy for space sake. For me, the pattern isn't just the only thing I have to sit and ponder when doing the project... putting my name or initials, year and so on. Especially for a teacher gift, you want to put the school info in there too, but on this piece there isnt' much room to do so. I've got a little time to work yet. I'm still working on the inner part of the red schoolhouse in the middle of the piece yet. I hope to finish the schoolhouse by midweek so I can start on the alphabet.

Plans for today? I've got to get CGs bed made back up so he has a place to sleep and I should probably dig under that bed to see just what junk is under there. Tomorrow when he's gone, maybe I'll deal more with it.

Tomorrow I have to run the PTA meeting for our current president, to include having someone run our elections for NEXT year's board, including, yes, yours truly, as president. What did I think I was getting into volunteering for that? LOL Oh well! I want to be busy next year, and boy!

I'm sure I'll be back to ponder more today. It's quiet here while David is out doing his thing and CG is on his way back from Fargo and Matthew is patiently waiting to play online. :)

No comments: