13 April 2008

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere

By golly! And it had to be every hour here today. It was actually a beautiful day. We went to a friends' home to check out furniture for our "arctic room." (housing's phrase, not mine LOL - I'd been more creative - might have to ask for help on a name) Matthew actually was invited out by one of the neighbor boys. Soooooooooooo very happy to see that happen! Now that the bus will not be running for the base school kids, it's walking or driving the 1.5 blocks over to the school on chilly mornings.
CG is home from Fargo where they DID have SNOW and LOTS of snow this weekend. He had to run the mile in snow yesterday I believe. Glad it was him and not me. Not sure if I'd been able to take that weather after knowing how nice it is to be TOMORROW. 70+!

We went over after 6 tonight to look at a jeep. A jeep I'd love to have but not sure we really need another car payment at the moment. Big hunting season is done til fall. Don't need it til then. We get over there, and the wife offers me wine. YUMMMMMMMMMM! Then she asks if I like Rieslings. Oh yeah! (Guess I must have SOME German in my family lineage) She brings me out a bottle of Riesling. YUMMMMMMMM! BOTH David and I commented on her drinking "already" to which she says "ALREADY!?!? It's 630." LOL I like her! I hate to see them move! We've been stationed together before and that included him as a single guy the first time up here. Some people just leave a lasting impression upon your memory and life. :) or :*) or :X These guys? It's DEFINITELY a :D We hate to see them go, but when a Buff guy gets to escape the plane and get overseas WITH family, by all means, run as fast as you can and make sure you outrun AFPC! So in short, the riesling is in the frig to drink this week, probably tomorrow, because it is "FIVE O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE" every day!

This week I hope to work on my bad habits - getting rid of them, or formulating a plan to do so. I want to make my house a home and somewhere that people want to come and hang out for fun times. Part of surviving this awful place is friends, attitude and adjustment. Having people over from time to time, especially now with BBQ season in force, should help to make a HUGE difference. As will that furniture from our friends. And cleaning the living room up so people can enjoy just sitting comfy on the couch if they want. :) Bible Study starts back up this week as well. That reminds me that I need to email a friend for time info on that. I really would like to get involved again in something. I miss that "sisterhood" and warmth. Not that I exude it myself many days, but perhaps, that would be some of my attitude to work on!

Night!

No comments: