27 April 2008

Still Waiting

Seems dentists work dentist hours. Well, some of them. The guy I'm trying to get an appointment with in Bismarck doesn't seem to work Fridays. So, after trying at all hours of the day Friday, no one, no answering machine, no answering service, picked up. Tomorrow morning I start all over. :) At least I'm not sucking the whole bottle of ibuprofen down anymore. The antibiotics seem to have worked. YAY for medicine.

I hope that the least they can do is see me this week before Thursday. CG is off to Winnipeg for a French trip. (do they speak french in Winnipeg like, say, Quebec?) And David leaves. I have to be home Friday for Matthew to go to the reading club celebration thing. I'd hate for him to miss it due to my tooth problem.

And then our economy... commisery (aka commissary) prices just keep going up and up and up and up. I guess I'm glad to not shop much on the economy. Or maybe I should... the commisery probably figures no one likes the drive to town and just yanks our money out of the pocket. Hmmmmmmmmm Might have to do some comparison shopping sometime. And the BX gas station... it's charging more than in town. I thought AAFES was here to do us a favor? Yet again, FOILED! I realize we're not their concern. Cheap gas in town is (or was yesterday) $3.44, it's $3.49 on base.
That "stimulus" check we're getting? I get to stimulate the Bismarck dental community and not anything else. Nice, isn't it? Actually, I'm really glad the timing is working out with that check. Having bought the Jeep and having THREE cars to upkeep with gas and insurance now, the budget gets tighter.

OH! You've been waiting on the one bright spot in this dismal assignment. I'm still looking, but we did have a good dinner out with good retiring friends last night! We drove to the great metropolis of Velva, just a short 19 mile trip east of Minot on highway 52. Velva is the home to Eric Sevareid, famed journalist, one of the "Murrow Boys." He is now on a stamp for the USPS having been released this week
Anyways... that's the one claim to fame for Velva. That and the Pioneer Bar's Saturday night Prime Rib Dinner! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! You can choose from petite, queen, king and 24 oz cuts of rib. Side potato and coleslaw. Quite tasty. Don't ask for fancy beer, liquor or dessert... you won't find it. I don't even think they had beer on tap. DH overloaded the waitress' circuit board asking for glenfidditch and something more than Michelob Light. We decided to not ask about wine. And iced tea? Your only opportunity is Long Island. :) Food good. Service decent. Alcohol choices? Better elsewhere, but when the company is good, it's AWESOME and doesn't matter what there is to drink. We went to DQ for dessert afterwards. :) Quite the fun time.

Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments: