06 June 2008

Change

I know I said I can't stand the campaigning going on for months, no, YEARS, but this great opportunity every four years, is peaceful in this country. We don't have threats for going to the polls. We are free to make our decisions to vote for whoever (right or wrong LOL) we want.

Obama has this "great" theme of "Change we can believe in." I've only been eligible to vote for president since 1988. (I voted for local stuff when I turned 18 in 87) I've voted every time for a president. I've also heard that thing about change. How this or that candidate will change things in Washington for the betterment of our country. It starts out nice, then by the end of one's term, it's the SSDD. (that's same stuff different day for some who don't know) Clinton, Bush, and whoever wins this year, did and will promise grand things for us as a whole, yet when the historians look back in 10 or 50 or 100 years... it's all the same thing, just gussied up for the people.

We as a whole in the USA look for the guy who speaks the best, promises the most and makes the "rich" look like they're the evil ones. If it weren't for the rich folks, how many of us would have jobs? Someone has to look past the glitter and smooth talk to see what the candidates really mean and want. Don't fall for it. Prove my opinion of this nation as a whole... Looking for the best speech maker? Looking for honest plans? Being a candidate is much like school teaching these days... LCD. Got to play to the lowest common denominator within the group you're speaking to or working with. Not everyone is a rocket scientist.

So, when you're thinking about November and the snow that comes with it... oh wait, that's here... but when you're thinking about it... REMEMBER... they ALL preach about change. They ALL sing a different tune when they reach that peak. I want change I can believe in... just not sure it's a dem or rep.

It's late and I'm sleepy... might get to slumberland before 2am this morning. :)

No comments: