19 June 2008

My Suggestion Today

People need to take a reading comprehension class. I don't mean the kids who are in reading NOW... I mean ADULTS. I essentially live on a cul de sac currently thanks to the massive construction thanks to the Wonder Triplets. (another day another story)

Anyways... this is the second week of a sign at the end of our street saying "NO THRU STREET." My house sits at the end of that street where it crosses mine. My living room window is ground zero if someone's breaks fail and go thru the yield sign. At least 5 times a day, I watch cars come flying down to this corner, start to turn right (and some even do thinking it'll change as it goes past the other two houses?) and realize the road is CLOSED. Apparently, the English language is lost on these folks. It isn't even 10am yet, and I've seen one car already this morning go thru the motions. Amazing isn't it?

What is the average reading comprehension in this country? I know I've read since I was little (not like the boys who were reading in kindy), but still was reading early, and often and still do. Dictionaries are abundant I think. Libraries are free. PEOPLE! Get out there and read!!!!!!! And learn the definition of NO THRU STREET - It doesn't go anywhere except to about 20 houses in my neighborhood!

Maybe the video professor guy (I think it's video... on TV... commercials) should have a reading DVD. :D

Suggestion today? Sign up your kids for a summer reading program and join in the adult one while you're at it! Might work your brain a bit and you might learn some new words! :)

No comments: