03 June 2008

Dental Visit

Let's see... the family of dentists in town have two practices. They made money off our family last week. I went in Tuesday for my appointment to get that filling done. Fortunately, it's done. They gave me happy gas too! LOL I'm going to insist on that just to clean my teeth. I'll pay whatever it takes to help relax me. It's worth it! A week later, and my teeth aren't hurting. They're still quite sensitive, but they were before this all started.

Matthew had a check up the next day at his dentist. I had gone in and explained his autism diagnosis since our last visit. (first visit we explained the sensory issues) They marked his file to have him in his own room vs the 5 chair public assembly line area normally for the kids. He went back by himself. :) He had no cavities! Dentist says he's doing well with brushing. AND, by the end of summer, my baby will have likely lost his front lower middle teeth. The one is WIGGLING! The other is loose. How awesome is that! Well, for him, quite so.

The manchild has his next appointment in a month. We'll see if he has more cavities or not. Reminds me, I need to call the orthodontist and see about hubby going to talk to him sometime. It's amazing what it costs for braces. Let alone, the manchild might need to have some oral surgery done prior to the braces. At least he's braver than I.

No comments: