03 June 2008

Well, isn't that interesting...

AP has crowned Obama the winner of the Democrat presidential candidate. Hmmmmm... does anyone realize that the super delegates don't actually count until the convention? I only learned that this last week. So, while he might be gaining all these "votes", not until August, unless Hillary gives up (DOUBTFUL), Obama isn't the official candidate.

That all said... I hope Hillary makes it ugly for another 2.5 months. I just want it to be chaos for the Democrats.

Then again... maybe I don't. I've been watching campaign crap for 1.5+ years now. Does anyone find this incredibly annoying? We have an incredible lack of involvement with voting in this country, yet the press continually shoves the campaign down our throats. Perhaps they might one day realize we don't really care until it's about October?

I might find myself actually NOT voting this fall. And I'll not complain. If you don't vote, don't complain. If you vote, by all means, be as voiciferous as you can be.

I found an interesting blog comment today on Seder's blog. Someone said basically that they'd be so happy with an Obama presidency, waiting for the Republicans to start complaining about the president, and the Democrats saying they shouldn't complain about the president in war. Hmmmmmmmmmm... from what I have gotten watching the endless media push for Obama, he will have brought all our military home from Iraq when he takes office. No one at war then. Is it ok to complain then?

Just thinking out loud...

1 comment:

Sandie said...

love your political commentary! Oh my word it;s so damn true...does anyone really care about the big election until Octotber? I most certainly don't! I see Hillary giving Barac a run for his money all the way until the end!