21 June 2008

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT! HEY!

The week long peacefulness comes to an end abruptly around 7 or 8pm. Manchild returns from camp. Actually, I'm excited for his return. I want to hear how camp went. I asked another parent with hubby and child at the camp how things went. They abandoned the tents once for a siren but that was it. Phew! Knowing the storms we had this past week, I was sure at least one would get to them.

We also got invited to dinner in town with a friend of mine. :) I'm so excited! Her parents are even in town. How cool is that? I've got to figure out something to make for a dessert in a hurry. Might just be a frosted cake. :) Lord knows I have enough boxes of cake mix in this house. We won't go hungry! LOL

I finished a baby afghan this week. It's adorable. And yes, I'll get a picture of it out here eventually. It was white and from a book of patterns using the pound of yarn skeins. It was called Snowballs. (he he he) And looks like little snowballs alternating in the row and each row. This one is just one skein. Actually, I used a little bigger hook and used a little bit of the second white one I bought last week to finish off about 4 rows and the border. Now to return to the Granny Ohio Star afghan I started awhile back. The only thing I really hate about granny squares is having to weave in the ends and then sew the pieces together. The first one I'm doing is two blues and cream. The next one I want to do is red, white and blue. :) I also have yarn to do a brighter pink, turquoise, yellow and black sqared afghan. I really do enjoy the peacefulness found in crocheting.

Oh the small child speaks up... "We've got to go back to Germany." I asked why... "Because you don't like this place." He hears a lot more than I realize some days. Poor thing. I would love to go back to Germany, but with his problems, it's not possible for an assignment. A trip? Yes. For a tour? No. :( Poor kid! Attitude change I guess I need. Maybe with the sun out a little more these days, I can swing it and Matthew will forget about wanting to return to the lovely country of Deutschland. (as much as I'd love to go back too!)

Well, it's time to think about that dessert for dinner tonight. We're being treated to grilled ribs. YUMMMMMMMMY!

No comments: