17 June 2008

Could It Be!?!?!?!?

Summer? Arriving in Minot? Noooooooooooooo way!

I think it has finally shown up after nearly a month of waiting... the pool opens TODAY! Not that I'm running over to jump in, but just the principle of the fact that it "opened" Memorial Day weekend, it's not been OPEN. Gotta love the weather up here. I don't know why the Services folks waste money printing posters and flyers out with that weekend listed as "opening day" for the pool... it NEVER happens. Do you doubt global warming exists? Based on the lovely weather here, I doubt it.

That all said, I move on to proof of perhaps something stinks in Denmark. (misquoting Shakespeare :D) Anyways... 1993 the big Mississippi flooding... 500 year floods... I caught news this morning that at Hannibal Missouri (Here I thought only Iowa was having problems thanks to our super great awesome liberal lying media) the river will likely crest just below the 1993 levels. That's kind of serious! We had just had manchild at the time in California, and we were wanting to drive home to Ohio from California (young and dumb :)) so the family could see the kid before heading up here to the great white frozen tundra. We decided not to due to the flooding of the midwest. Anyways... this gives me pause to think, PERHAPS, global warming does happen. Or else, it's just bad luck to live near WATER that CAN RISE from TIME TO TIME. If the flood insurance costs too much, then MOVE. Sorry. Just one of those things I don't like to pay for other people's mistakes when it comes to poor decision making and my insurance costs!

I again am venturing east to Ohio tomorrow thru Saturday... I hope we can get from here to there!

So ... yes! Summer has finally decided to show up here in Minot. My little pal Pixie on the page... at the 955 reading this morning it was already 70. Almost here! WOOO WOOOO WOOOOO HOOOOOO!

1 comment:

Sandie said...

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but summer is not here. It showed up for a day or two packed it's bags and went to Florida! It's pouring rain here today and summer is no where in sight.