14 June 2008

Virginia Living in ND

I know now what I missed when we headed to Ohio in 2003, and skipped the Isabel experience. (Isabel being a hurricane) I watched the storm clouds gather today. But prior, I visited with the neighbor, got CG off to camp, went to town shopping. (quilt shop and hobby lobby)

I come back to the house, and realize the storm is moving QUICKLY into our area. I'm watching neighbors gathering up outdoor items. I get the chit off the front porch and get ready to move the trash cans inside, open the garage door, only to realize the rain had started already. And my trash is spilled out across the yard and the neighbor's yard. Fun! Matthew is a huddle of mush in the bathroom. We were REALLY scared. The wind gusts were predicted to be up to 70mph. The only thing we were missing was a funnel cloud. I thank God it didn't materialize! The little trees in everyone's front yards in the neighborhood were bent over in the wind at about 90 degrees. It stormed for maybe an hour, and now the sun is out to the west and it's stormy blue to the east.

So now, I think we're going to enjoy a quiet evening in the house since the ground is just too wet to go out and play.

Again, this wish, you are dry and well. We certainly have been lucky with the rain this week. It rained A LOT, but those folks in Iowa... my heart and prayers are with you.

No comments: